Do you know all the different uses coconut oil possesses? Not only is it good in the kitchen, but you can also replace some of the day-to-day products you use with this wonder oil! It can be used to moisturize your skin, remove your makeup after a long day, and tons more.
Here are just 5 ways you can incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine:
- In your hair- First off, you should know that the oil is a mushy solid when at room temperature, but turns to liquid form when heated to at least 76°F. While you wash your hair in the shower, you can melt your coconut oil by holding the jar under the warm water. After you’re done shampooing, massage a decent amount of the oil to your wet hair and put into a bun. Let it sit a few minutes before rinsing to add moisture and shine to the hair. A great conditioner!
- Moisturizer- Get rid of lotion for good! Coconut oil (when in solid form) is a great moisturizer for the skin, especially after getting out of the shower. It leaves your skin looking shiny and healthy. BONUS: There is a light tropical scent that lingers on you after the application.
- Lip balm- Chapped lips be gone! Applying a small amount to your lips daily not only hydrates them but leaves them feeling very soft. You can scoop some into a smaller container and throw it in your purse so you can just dab it on with your finger throughout the day.
- Shaving cream??- If you replace your old standard shaving cream with coconut oil you might be pleased with the results. Once again, it’s a good moisturizer, so it’s like you’re killing two birds with one stone. And… it leaves your legs looking extra shiny and smooth. Also, some say that the hair grows back substantially slower than if you were using regular shave cream. After my many uses, I can definitely testify to that. The only cons I would say come with this is: how messy it can get while you’re shaving, and how much easier it is to nick yourself with the razor because of the oils’ light and thin consistency. Just be careful 🙂
- Makeup remover- Just a small amount can take off your makeup with ease, no matter the lasting power. Massage a dollop of it (preferably warm and liquified) directly on your skin and the makeup immediately melts away, then rinse your face with warm water.
Love always, Breezy
Photo taken from Google Images